Reptaid Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hello Everyone,
I am beginning this thread to open up the floor for a discussion on a fairly new product known as Reptaid (not to be confused with Repta-aid). Many of you have probably already seen the For Sale thread on this topic that has had multiple heated discussions. The reason I have begun this is because a For Sale thread is made for and paid for by the OP not to question or validate the product, but instead to market it. So rather then continue to misuse that thread, we thought the most logical thing to do is to begin a new thread where we can openly discuss our concerns, ask questions, review results from other members, etc. have already discussed this with Elliot (ChamNW), and he is happy to participate in this discussion and answer the questions surrounding this product as best he can. You may all feel free to review the other thread as well, but remember unless it's related to the purchase of the product, then all other posts should be placed here. Some of you may wonder what the point of this is, so let me explain. As with any new product related to pets, we as a community tend to want to ask a ton of questions, verify the safety, etc. Since we have been "burned" in the past by other reptile products that presume to be safe and effective, here we have a chance to verify the product for ourselves and get the answers to questions that we have directly, from the source. It's a chance we don't get often, so I suggest we take it and use what we learn here to make an educated decision for ourselves as to this product.

I also would like to remind everyone that during this discussion, forum policy is to remain intact. Please keep the debates to the product polite.

-Vicky

ChamNW

Hatchling Member
Vicky
Thank you for opening this thread in the Heath section, after all, Reptaid is all about helping with the health of bearded dragons and all other reptiles. I will introduce the product some, for the sake of all those who have not been following the other thread, and who have not read about Reptaid already.

We are breeders of chameleons and geckos in the Pacific Northwest. Our websites are http://www.chameleonsnorthwest.com and http://www.geckosnorthwest.com where you can see more about our work and our facility. We worked with Amber Technology to help develop an herbal supplement for reptiles. It is an AID IN THE FIGHT AGAINST REPTILE DISEASE. This is the way the FDA has instructed Amber Technology to describe these herbal supplements. It is not a drug, nor does it need a perscription. But it works.

Reptaid has been used on many species of reptiles for over year with amazing results. It is being used in at least 7 countries that we know of right now. It has helped reptiles recover from
1. parasite infections
2. eye infections
3. respiratory infections
4. lip rot type infections
5. loss of appetite
6. loss of libido
7. lack of energy or vitality

I know this is a lot to claim but we are only telling you what we have seen in our own facility and what many many others have told us about the successes they are having in their work with reptiles. Reptaid has been used to help many species of chameleons, bearded dragons, geckos, iguanas, water dragons, monitors, tegus, snakes, turtles, and tortoises ! As time goes along more species of animals will experience the benefit of this new herbal supplement.

SHELF LIFE - before opening the bottles, the shelf life is 4 years. After it is mixed, the shelf life is 1 year if you keep the Reptaid in the refrigerator.

DOSING REPTAID (for smaller animals 250g or less) - the basic guideline for dosing is .1ml of solution per 100g animal weight. That is 1/10th of a ml. There are 300 .1ml doses in one bottle. We supply a 1ml syringe with each bottle of Reptaid. The syringe comes with a removeable needle. We use the needle to inject the Reptaid into a dubia or a cricket when we have an animal that doesn't like to open its mouth except for food.

DOSING REPTAID XL (for larger animals 250g or more) The basic dose is .05ml per 500g animal weight. Again it can be given orally or injected into a feeder.

We are really thrilled to be invited to participate in this forum and we want to help in any way we can. We realize that herbal supplements are not for everyone. If you prefer standard perscription drugs from the vet, then that is just fine. But this thread is all about trying a new herbal supplement on your animals, possibly saving a lot of money, and probably having much healthier and happier animals.

If you have questions about Reptaid, please post them here and I will check here often to reply.

If you are one of many forum members who are already using Reptaid or Reptaid XL for your reptiles, please post some of your results here so others can appreciate what Reptaid can do for their reptiles.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
DragonsInKansas":a991d said:
I wish I wasn't starting this off with such a simple question, but what is the difference between Reptaid and Repta-aid?

Reptaid is a herbal anti-biotic/anti-microbial that helps to boost the natural immune system of your animal, basically giving them the ability to more effectively fight off parasites and other ailments.

Repta-aid critical care is a food replacement. it contains proteins and fats and fiber in a liquid form so to help forcefeed nutrients into a sick reptile during times of high stress when they wont eat.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
Is it reasonable to use Reptaid as a daily suppliment, similar to my human multivits?

ChamNW

Hatchling Member
There are many people who are using Reptaid as a once-in-a-while boost like once a month for 2 days to boost the health and immune system. If the animal is healthy there is no need to give him Reptaid every day. We have used it for about 2-3 week on an animal who was a rescue or one that had a serious infection with coccidia, but once the problem was gone we stopped using the Reptaid. I am not aware of anyone who has continued to use Reptaid everyday for an extended period of time. But like I said, there are people who are using it periodically just as a boost. I hope this answers your question.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
It answers my question well. My beardie has coccydia and pinworms, but neither seem to be giving her any problems. Do you think a 2-3 time a week regimen of Reptaid would save me from the headache of treating it (parisites and worms) via the vet? I trust my herp vet, but he's just as greedy as any other medical professional -- and I'm all for natural alternatives to pharmecutical drugs.

ChamNW

Hatchling Member
Oh yes, this is exactly why Reptaid was forumulated. To rid the reptile's body of parasites or infections without the use of perscription drugs. Let's face it. Many people just cannot afford a vet visit in this economy and Reptaid give us all an alternative to help our various reptiles get over their health issues.
In addition, Reptaid is very gentle on the system. Many drugs like Panacur and Albon, which have been the drugs used for a long time, are very hard on the immune system of the Reptile. After a treatment the animal is often quite suppressed, then you have to try to nurse it back to health from the effects of the harsh drug. Reptaid will boost the immune system, stimulate the appetite, increase the energy levels, all while helping reduce or eliminate the parasites or bacteriological infection.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
Great!! :blob8: I would love a link to a place to buy this stuff. Sounds great, and I'd like to give it a run for its money ;)

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Elliot for participating.Can you do me a favor as well and post the listed ingredients in the product?I know you did this in the other thread but I think it would be easier if folks had that info here as well so they dont have to go back and forth to the other thread.

Ok now I have a question of my own,you said that you dont know anyone who has been using it daily would you then say it isnt a good idea to do this on a daily basis?Would there be any harmful results if one were to do this?

ChamNW

Hatchling Member
Here is the list of ingredients in Reptaid and their functions:

Olive Leaf - Helps keep colds and flu at bay, supports immune system, high in antioxidants. Olive Leaf is an excellent anti-microbial that will kill viruses and bacteria.
Mustard Seed - Used in fevers, colds and influenza. Helps move acute conditions from the body more quickly.
Black Seed - An overall tonic herb known for its effects on the respiratory system, stomach and intestinal tract, kidney and liver, and the circulatory and immune system.
Pau D’arco - South American herb that is used for parasites and fungus. Also used for dry cough, anti-inflammatory and blood cleansing. We also use this herb for it’s anti-bacterial properties. Large doses or continued use of this product can cause miscarriage in pregnant animals.
Cloves - To rid the body of any microscopic parasites and soothes the intestinal tract. Strong disinfecting action.
Grapefruit Seed Extract – Used as a parasitic for small parasites. Has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. For more information go to http://www.biochemresearch.com.
Alcohol - To bring out the properties in the herbs and preserve the tincture.
Distilled Water.

ChamNW

Hatchling Member
Vicky
As for using Reptaid or Reptaid XL like a daily supplement, as I said, I do not know of anyone who has used it continuosly. Although it is all organic and natural, and very gentle on the reptile's system, yet it is not recommended by Amber Technology to be used continuosly. They say 10 days on and 2 days off. Just like any other antibiotic, it is best used just when needed. IF anyone on the forum has used it for extended periods of time, please comment here in your reply.
thanks

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thank you Elliot for the data.I would be interested to see what extent of time tthe forum members have indeed used this product and what the result was.I noticed you noted the Pau D'Arco has been known to cause miscarriage with pregnant females so is it safe to assume that it shouldnt be used with gravid females then?

If you or anyone has any before or after pics I would really like to see them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom