Potty Trained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckmaster299

Hatchling Member
Has anyone else on the site got a "Potty Trained" beardie??? LOL. I have yet to find anyone else that has one. My 2yr old beardie that i bought from someone in Alabama about 3months ago and I have noticed that he will NOT deficate in his own cage unless he absolutely has to. Is this normal or is this something that only certain beardies do?

label

Hatchling Member
Ours goes in her enclosure but nearly always in the same spot. We've got fake grass substrate so we keep newspaper in her toilet area to keep the carpet clean. So far she's never gone in the bath.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Ours goes in a water dish, or in his bath.....98% of the time. Sometimes he misses his dish. :p

We only keep the water dish in there during the day, since the humidity rises in his viv at night.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Norbert will ONLY go in his bath. The couple times he has gone in his viv he ran to the farthest corner, did his business, then ran away from it to the opposite side of the tank. My cleanly little dragon :roll: lol

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
One of my dragons refuses to go in her tank, which I don't mind because it's such a pain to clean. She poops pretty much every day (big eater lol) so I take her out of her tank when I get home and put her on the kitchen tile floor, where she'll usually go. If she won't go on the tile floor, then she'll go in the bath. I learned the hard way that she didn't like to poop in her tank after she did it on ME a few times. My other beardie only poops every 3-4 days and she's never pooped outside her tank. She'll usually go in one corner of the tank, and then go hide in the opposite corner until we come home and clean it up... it's actually the only time she ever uses her hide lol!

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Buckmaster299":1rnk8b20 said:
Im hoping my juvenile beardie will start doin this. She goes all over the cage...

From what I hear it's pretty simple to train them to go in the tub - as long as you have a ton of patience as with any beardie lol. Is there any way you can soak him every morning before you go to work or school (100-105 degree water for 20-30 mins)? He would likely poop there instead of in his tank. Just make sure you have his lights timed to turn on about an hour or two before you soak him to get his digestive system moving. You can start the soak and just leave him there while you get ready or until he poops, then take him out & rinse him off under the faucet before putting him back in the tank.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Puff only goes poo outside, not since she was 2 or 3 months old has she gone in her viv, or the bath. We have our morning routine, lights on for a couple hours, then I get her out and hand feed her greens and some squash, then she slurps down a 12ml of bearded dragon pellets, soaked and mashed up in a mixer, with calcium mixed in. Then a nice warm bath for 15 - 20 minutes. Then outside for some sunshine and a nice poo. Ha ha, its a good thing I don't work outside the home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom