Dragon PMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it common for a dragon to get grumpy around the time he or she starts shedding. Mine seems to be a real grouch today, which is very unusual, and i also noticed he has started to shed on his feet and legs. I was kinda wondering is that is like the dragon form of PMS.

--Justin

mweil

I believe you hit the nail on the head ha ha ha.Mine does the same thing when hes shedding his head and back.But when it comes to his legs and feet he just chills spread out on his rock. :lol:

Sarai

Yup they do that, mine is usually fine when its just a small area like one foot or one leg, but if its larger like his whole head or whole back, he's really testy the couple days leading up to his shed.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
I can't speak to repeated experiences because our Odahviing is only a baby and has had just the one shed. However, with this first shed he did get annoyed the days before it finally cracked. I could tell he was peevish and was actually concerned about his behaviour. I knew that his shed was coming, so when I finally saw the cracking in his back after a few days of frowniness and general stand offedness I understood. I figure it's just their way of saying, "Dude, don't touch me. I don't feel right. I'm itchy." Maybe it even hurts a little? I imagine my skin, tight and itchy like it is in wintertime and multiply that times 1000. I'd be a grump too!! :)

MurderVictim

Hatchling Member
Yep, I've heard it's very common.

Though, I must have gotten lucky...Wolfgang seems too laidback to really care that he's shedding. I think the only thing that he doesn't like is that he gets more baths when it's shedding time xD

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
ever had a sunburn? A really bad one? Just think about how cranky that makes YOU and then think about how much it would suck inside your tender private areas!! I think they're actually dealing with it well!

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
I call it my girls time of the month when she sheds. She wants nothing to do with any part of me! She gives me the most evil looks I have ever seen. If I go over to her viv and start talking to her she will turn around and face away from me, then take a deep breath and let it out real fast so she gives me a huff & puff and won't turn around until I walk away. If I keep talking to her after she turns away she gives me a mini beard puff. It's too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom