Acting Weird after soak

Status
Not open for further replies.

russll41

Hatchling Member
I been having my beardie a few days. I decided to give him a soak today.. He went nuts.. I almost didnt get a chance to grab him.. He was fighting inside my hands after. I put him in his cage and he was walking around drunk looking.. He went to climb up his rock and almost fell and was hanging on upside down. He chilling under the basking lamp now with his head kinda sideways. Any ideas whats up? and how you get them used to water? He didnt like it one bit...ohh and his belly is lighter today. He had more darker spots yesterday.. Is that normal?

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
How high did the water come up to on him? Sounds like he got water in his ears which will make them do exactly what your saying.
lighter is always good, dark usually means their unhappy, cold, stressed etc and lighter means their happy :)

Im not positive how you can get the water out of his ears, if you can, but i will look into it and get right back to you. Try to remove anything high he could fall off and hut himself for now.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
So, if you can dab his ears with a towel and get as much as you can out, and remove high branches and things, and keep an eye on it. He should be fine, but could get an ear infection so keep a close eye on him and be sure to keep him warm.

russll41

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I guess about an inch.. I wasnt sure how much to put.. I really didnt get a chance to see where it came up on him.. He went nuts. I think i may need to start with very little. Scared the hell out of me. Hes just staying put right now. Im glad hes happy now. Kinda took me off guard that he lighten up so fast. How much water is safe for him?

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
You want the water to come up no higher than his shoulders, but would start with just enough to cover his feet and see how he is. I know exactly what your talking about, the first time I gave my girl a bath she FREAKED out, started flailing around, water was splashing everywhere and she was trying to climb up the side of the cat liter pan I use for her baths, but obviously just kept sliding down right back into the water and flailed again...this was all in a matter of maybe 15 seconds but felt like forever. She was freaking out so bad I couldn't even get ahold of her. Almost gave me a heart attack! But after that I would out very little in and ease her into it and add water a little at a time til it came to her shoulders. Now she's fine in the bath, it took her like 2 or 3 times to stop trying to climb the walls, but never had another flailing incident lol.
Just make sure you test the water on your wrist, it may have been too hot and scared him.

How is he now? Does he still seem wobbly?

That's good he's light! Light beardies are happy beardies and happy beardies means happy us. :)

russll41

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know the feeling. He was in maybe 5 seconds.. Seemed forever. He is still a lil wobbly. He was on his rock and with his head sideways and slowly slipped off. caught himself and kinda hung on sideways. I been keeping an eye on him. He was just laying with his head down. Now he has it up. Looks better. I was so scared. THe water was not too hot i dont think. It was warm to my wrist. Ill try again Friday and do as you say with just a lil. You have been a life saver on here. Im so new and read up months of research before i got him. Guess you can never be prepared enough.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
I could not have said it better myself- you can never be prepared enough, no matter how much you read and so on and so fourth- there's always that one thing you don't! Lol

russll41

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is still not acting right today. I put crickets in this morning and he didnt touch them. He always hangs out on his rock or the branches but now he lays on the bottom. Still turning and tilting his head funny and not as active as he was. starting to get me worried. and the stress marks are back today...

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Drache613 is Tracie's user name, she is the moderator of this site and has many many years experience with beardies, she is great. Send her a message and explain what happened, I have never dealt with water in the ears that didnt resolve itself in a couple hours so she can help more than I can.
Until she responds just be sure to keep him nice and warm, I hope she helps you!:) but I know she will, she's helped me many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom