Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Brandon. I'm so happy with him! I'm charging the camera battery now to get more pictures later.

Oh! I also forgot the super awesome news! So I run a blog on Tumblr.com, it's a personal blog but it mostly includes my pets. Before I got Baron I started going through basic list care to remind myself with quick reference lists when I need them. I guess someone started following my processes through BD care up until I got Baron and after. So I lose Baron, and then I get Cho, and then I lost Cho. They felt so emotional for me over all of it and respected me and my care for Dragons(and I unexpectedly helped them feel at ease for when they got their baby) so much they sent me 100 dollars to purchase the new dragon with. I was literally in tears 3-4 times yesterday over this whole exchange. It was so incredible and inspiring and just amazing.

Since Cho died, I had been really questioning my care as a dragon slave. I was worried I wasn't doing good enough or doing enough-and that letter solidified that I am doing good enough and I can really care for them. They did me much more then just help me buy Thresh, but they gave me my self confidence back. Which is such a big deal.

So between my mom and their generous donation, I didn't have to pay a cent(well I paid 50 cents) for Thresh. It was something I was really worried about, but now I can put the extra income I will have at the end of the month for a huge supply of Reptiworms& other feeders for Thresh and make sure he grows!

I had to share! They were also the ones that picked Thresh's name. It was the least I could do for everything they did for me.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
What a gorgeous dragon! I'm glad you got a bigger one. Congratulations on your adoption of Thresh! I'm thankful Deb was able to go with you. How wonderful that Thresh has such a big appetite!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He ate a 3rd bowl of roaches...Of the 100+ Deb gave me last Saturday, I've got 1/3 left maybe? I'm going to get horn worms from PetSmart tomorrow, and I'm placing a big order of ReptiWorms Monday as well to ship here ASAP. Deb will get 300-500 of them in exchange for all the help and roaches, and depending Thresh will get the rest between ordering for sales. Whew. I'm glad he eats so well, I'm just in shock because I'm used to dragons not eating so much! :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I had a wonderful time helping you choose Thresh and we were both amazed at the appetite. I've never seen a beardie comes straight from the breeders with that type of appetite. I checked a couple of times and think it's a girl, but will check again in a month to make sure. So after this little one (well not so little) ate what must have been over 50 small roaches and a bowl & some of baby bok choy (we were both amazed at the appetite), Jolene gave Thresh a bath and got some poop off his/her tail & voila, a bright white belly (with some shed still coming off) and bright white under her tail (I'm going to call Thresh a her until we figure it out). I really enjoyed watching her and she liked to be in our hands or on our shoulders. She's very light for an almost 5 mo old, but she's going to grow lots with that appetite!

So I did take some pics when we first put her in her tank:

Diving in for those roaches:

Any morez, Mom?

Dose was good, needs more bugz!

Basking, she was trying to eat the top of the basking rock :lol: but I didn't get that on camera.

Ize cute, right?

Wish I'd gotten more!

Hope you enjoy those, Jolene!
Deb

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Oh goodness!(going to try and stick with gender neutral pronouns from now on) In the third picture you can see a roach on their armpit! :lol: That's hilarious. When Brandon got home we fed them another bowl of roaches and more nomnomnoms. No more salad for them, didn't want any more, but roaches yes. Wanted more roaches. I measures them again Deb, and they're actually just short of 13 inches! So that's about an inch longer then we thought.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
And if Thresh was born on March 11, then Aug 11 will be the 5th month, so that's better re: weight & length!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Okay so I just went and took a bunch of pictures because ohhh is Thresh pretty and my camera battery is charged. BE PREPARED.

SAM_0294_zpsb6458f89.jpg

Empty Bowl...
SAM_0291_zpscdf05307.jpg

SAM_0292_zpse7995054.jpg

SAM_0289_zps996f5a7b.jpg

SAM_0290_zpsc403b59e.jpg

Tried very hard to get a photo of them on my arm...Yeah maybe not...
SAM_0296_zps1287a8d9.jpg

SAM_0298_zpsfc083489.jpg

SAM_0299_zpsbc1ff952.jpg

I canz fit on Momz hands, I swearz it!
SAM_0305_zpsf89b44b8.jpg

SAM_0309_zps0f692f09.jpg

SAM_0310_zpsff8c270f.jpg

Long tail is long!
SAM_0312_zps016bffdd.jpg

Chilling with Rafiki
SAM_0311_zps52458dc9.jpg

I will take more pictures of Thresh then I will myself, I think... :lol:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad to see you have a healthy beardie. The more beardies you loose, the more you tend to worry. I understand your questioning yourself when you lost two babies in a row. I would question myself also in that situation.

She's really cute! I love the pic of her with her head in the bowl, her back legs on her tippy toes trying to get all she can find.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
They're beautiful! The other option from Baron's clutch was a pale yellow with big lavender markings on the back and orange blobs down the spine. But Thresh was larger and more dominant, so Deb encouraged me to get them and I'm sure glad I did. I do hope the last one finds a good home, though! I think whoever takes them will really, really love them and be as happy with them as I am with Thresh.

I'll hopefully be getting a lower edged bowl next week from work. It's like the current one but wider and a bit lower, with a silver plate on it that says 'food'. I'm getting 2, one for salads and one for bugs. They should fit better over the bowl that way, just until they're bigger :D . BUT I HAVE A DRAGON THAT EATS OUT OF A BOWL. Oh man I cheered when I saw it.

I am a bit terrified of the appetite, I think it will take some getting used to, especially after a month and a half+ with Cho who I had to fight with when it came to eating...It's nice having a dragon eat so well, though. I could go on vacation if I wanted! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom