Omega Ridley! New Beginnings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Noodle something I can put in a bowl and laugh at? No she is just a sweet bearded dragon that I instantly have fallen in love with. MY story of how I got to Noodle is a long one but I'll try to make it short just for pictures! Anyway most of you know how I first got introduced in to beardies. And for those who don't I'll tell you my happy tale, so sit around my campfire kids and roast some marshmallows its Story Time!

I first encountered bearded dragons when I went to my first Repticon back in 2006 with my step dad, my friend's dad, my friend, and me. While I was there looking at all the cool animals I noticed upon a type of lizard. What got me about this lizard was it had SPIKES!. I was instantly confused, Are the spikes pokey and do they hurt? Are they more for show than dangerous? Are they both for show and dangerous? I just kept looking at the lizard in utter aw. Well it was time to go and before we left I found out the name of the lizard was a bearded dragon. And after that all I did for years was look on the computer at them, watch videos of them, read books about them, and dreamed about them! Anyway fast forward to today and I finally have a place I can call home for my future bearded dragon and myself for now. :lol:

Now here is the story about how Noodle came to become mine. After knowing for sometime that I was going to move to my mom's house. I started talking her into a bearded dragon. At first she kept saying NO! but with much persistent I budged her a little to say that she will think about it. Well one day I was browsing the For Free section of this forum for fun like I normally do. And I saw a post where a lady, Michele, was looking for a good home for her 2 year old baby, Noodle. I instantly posted because she said she was located in Atlanta and with me moving to Woodstock she was only a 30 minute drive. Me and her started transferring emails about Noodle. Michele told me all about Noodle and I knew I wanted her. We talked on the phone and decided that the 13 of April I could come visit Noodle. (Wish I got pictures of my visit but my phone was dead :( ) Anyway I told her about my situation of moving because school was almost over for me and about me moving campuses. She told me that if I was really serious into taking Noodle she would give me her entire setup and hold Noodle until May when I decide a good date after I move to come and get her. My mom was surprised about her giving me Noodle's setup because I'm not gonna lie I was too she told me they spend $200 on her tank and all she wanted was for Noodle to go to a good home so she was willing to give me everything.

Well thats my and Noodle's story. IT has only began but we have a huge journey ahead of us. For now Pictures!

image2_zps7a160913.png

image3_zps8473a5a8.png

image_zps3be710d0.png

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my, she is a cutie! I'm so glad she'll be coming to stay with you, less than a month already and I'm also glad you got to visit with her, too. It's going to be a happy day when she's yours!

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Talk about meant to be what are the odds that you would find a beardie that was going to be right near by. I read your other posts I know how excited you were glad Saturday went well. Noodles is a lucky dragon to have someone who has done so much research and is so prepared to give her a great home. Looking forward to pics in may.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much Lisa that means a lot to hear you say that. Yeah I know as soon as she said she lived in Atlanta I knew it was meant to be with me moving in May close to her. I really wish I did get photos of her on Saturday stupid phone its time for an upgrade soon

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey Mat, nice to see you got a thread going for Noodle.
We welcome you to beardie slave world...I've been
a slave for 9 years now.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Oh I can tell with Noodle Iwill be a big slave to her. She seems like she wants everything how she wants it not me.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
:blob5: Noodle! Noodle! Noodle! :blob5: It's coming so fast! Oh my! Do you have an exact date!? You need a counter! :D I love any stories with a camp fire and Marshmallows! Noodle is the most perfect name. I'm sure we'll all be "eating up" all the stories to come! :p :lol: She's beautiful, honestly, I can't wait to get to know Noodle by the oodles! :D

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
lol thanks Myah I love your puns I'm not sure of an exact date I just know that im moving the 5th of May so I might get her the 11th or 12th

morphmom

BD.org Addict
zandi202":3cxeplzq said:
Holly, you and your puns
Heeheehee... :p
Oki05":3cxeplzq said:
lol thanks Myah I love your puns I'm not sure of an exact date I just know that im moving the 5th of May so I might get her the 11th or 12th
Oooohhhh... 11th or 12th... Less then a month! Woohoo! :D

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
morphmom":wgrpnv4g said:
Oki05":wgrpnv4g said:
Oooohhhh... 11th or 12th... Less then a month! Woohoo! :D

Well now the dates might have changed I might go to my moms on the 4th and get her on the 5th

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So Quick Update

Apparently Noodle has never laid eggs before. I told Michele about them able to lay infertile eggs and asked if she ever has. She said she took her to the vet and he told her that they can and to make her a dig box. So she put sand in one and put Noodle in it and Michele checked but she never felt eggs. And Noodle has never showed a huge gain in weight so maybe she won't lay eggs. Please! Don't Lay!

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Oh so you want Zero to lay eggs but not Noodle huh? Well I hope Noodle lays SO MANY EGS :twisted: :lol: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom