Sonne - The Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got him from Cheryl @ beardeddragons.co(RioReptiles) and I cannot be happier! Amazing color, superb overall wellness! Just a fantastic job with this guy!

He was hatched on September 1st 2012

His morph/color is Citrus Red Hypo

And HE is a boy. lol

Here is Sonne(Sun, in German)
20130125_105834_zpsb149e4a6.jpg

And this is his tank, for now that is. Still not set on the decoration.
20130124_231057_zps1a09654f.jpg

Obviously more pictures will come. :p

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He loves Romaine Lettuce! lol The way he eats it is hilarious!

I gave him a warm bath in a bowl and he had a HUGE poop! His first one since I had had him, glad he did. I was looking for logs all day. lol

Ohh and he is also eating small mealworms dusted with vitamins... he loves them too!

But I have found, if it doesn't move.. we usually won't eat it. Well, bugs that is. The lettuce I fed him I was holding with my hand and he likes eating from my hand and tweezers. :)

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
You might want to check out this site:
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Romaine lettuce in on the feed rarely, it can actually cause diarrhea and has hardly any nutritional value. Stick to collard greens, dandelion greens mustard greens, turnip greens,yellow squash, carrots, anything green on that chart can be fed daily. He is a very handsome guy.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Lindz0518":q4vw111q said:
You might want to check out this site:
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Romaine lettuce in on the feed rarely, it can actually cause diarrhea and has hardly any nutritional value. Stick to collard greens, dandelion greens mustard greens, turnip greens,yellow squash, carrots, anything green on that chart can be fed daily. He is a very handsome guy.
Edit- Mealworms are a big no no. They can cause imapction. Stick with crickets, dubia, phoenix worms, hornworms, and silk worms and he can have superworms if he is over 16 inches

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ahh I see! :O

Thanks so much for that, I only gave him small little bits of it. Hope he doesn't have the bubble guts. :(

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I am sure he will be fine! That is the nutrition guide pretty much everyone uses, it's like the beardie bible lol.

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As far as live foods go, what is the best? I will be breeding Dubias for sure. And that is what he has been eating mostly. And he LOVES them. He was raised on them. Would only Dubias be ok for awhile?

Or should I order something else?

What else are good for him?

And as far as greens, what is the best for him? Something that doesn't spoil fast though.

Thank you for that link, I had seen it about a month or two ago when I had started to look at getting a beardy...

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Any of the greens and veggies I listed above are good. He will be fine on just dubia. Then every once in a while throw in some crickets or phoenix worms for variety, but dubia are a great staple feeder.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
halffrozen":ekvpsefi said:
As far as live foods go, what is the best? I will be breeding Dubias for sure. And that is what he has been eating mostly. And he LOVES them. He was raised on them. Would only Dubias be ok for awhile?

Or should I order something else?

What else are good for him?

And as far as greens, what is the best for him? Something that doesn't spoil fast though.

Thank you for that link, I had seen it about a month or two ago when I had started to look at getting a beardy...

Congrats on the Beautiful beardie!!! I love this tip of his soon to be shedding nose lol!

Dubias are the best. As Linsz0518 suggested throw in some other foods for variety once in a while. I had Bandit on a phoenix/dubia diet for a while and she exploded in size. You can order from phoenixworm.com. Also, are you using calcium w/ D3? I noticed you said your fed mealworms with vitamins (multivitamins I'm assuming?). His tummy should be should be fine with the mealworms he did eat. The majority of us here have made that mistake at least once... (I had Bandit on a mealworm/cricket diet for about a week when I first had her :() But again, congrats on the gorgeous guy!

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ohsmileb":2ygy42nd said:
Congrats on the Beautiful beardie!!! I love this tip of his soon to be shedding nose lol!

Dubias are the best. As Linsz0518 suggested throw in some other foods for variety once in a while. I had Bandit on a phoenix/dubia diet for a while and she exploded in size. You can order from phoenixworm.com. Also, are you using calcium w/ D3? I noticed you said your fed mealworms with vitamins (multivitamins I'm assuming?). His tummy should be should be fine with the mealworms he did eat. The majority of us here have made that mistake at least once... (I had Bandit on a mealworm/cricket diet for about a week when I first had her :() But again, congrats on the gorgeous guy!

Thank you!

I am using both of the bearded dragon "shake n bake" vitamins from petmountain.

I am going to be getting 500 Dubais soon from someone here who sells them, and will use those to start a mini colony. I looked at how to raise those phoenix worms.. but they turn into flies... and I don't like the idea of something that can fly around in my house if them get out... lol

And thanks! :D

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I think the chart was made before dubia really became popular as a feeder. No worries, they are (in my opinion) probably the healthiest feeder out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom