Thor's Thread 03-14-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some may know my little Thor is growing well. More then doubled in size since I got him ~2 months ago. I have him on a very varied diet. He has shown a flighty, aggressive attitude toward me in the past and the more I have been hand feeding him he has been coming around more and more. Progress! He is in a 40 gallon breeder enclosure, 24 inch Reptisun 10.0 (2/3 enclosure length) Has a piece of decor I got from a local pet shop, the piece was broken (which I fixed) so I got it for half price :wink: This decor allows him to get 6 inches from his UV source and ~6 inches from his primary basking light. His basking temperature is ~107-111°F. He is provided a daily salad which he does eat. Dusting per a preferred dusting schedule. Only RepCal supplements used. Has a low profile large diameter water dish. Reptile carpet substrate a hammock and a vine used to help get up his basking decor. The basking decor doubles for shade, UV cover. Thor is bathed 2 times a week.

Typical daily diet - ~50-70 1/4 crickets, 15-20 small silkworms, ~2-5 small butterworms, 1-4 small hornworms. He gets an occasional wax worm when I have them has had reptiworms in the past. Thor has yet to deny any feeder offered.

I will get pictures up on this thread of him soon. I will leave this with a question... anything I can improve on?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yay, a thread for Thor!! I can't wait!! :mrgreen:
I am so in on this thread!!! FIRST!! :D

Beardednoob":3gbn332h said:
107-111°F.
How did you do that....

NOOB":3gbn332h said:
I will get pictures up on this thread of him soon. I will leave this with a question... anything I can improve on?
What! Why no pictures now! Now I am going to bed sad that I don't get to see Thor!

Oh, and to answer your question: NO! You have the ideal set up going for Thor!!!! :mrgreen:

-Brandon

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
If Brandon can post pics then so can you! teehee!

I want pics. How big is Thor? What's he weigh? What does he eat for feeders?

Dresden hates his baths, though he seemed to have more fun in the kiddie pool, swishing his tale around a bit. Nezzie could care less lol. I'll have to get some pics of their vivs so you can see it them. Dres is a 40 breeder too.

I have a couple tree type things in Dresden's viv. He seems to enjoy climbing around and sleeps in one of them almost every night. I also put his greens in little piles near his favorite spots to make sure he can't completely ignore his salad.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, Michael, I came for the pics :mrgreen:

I know you will get them up when you can! Sounds like Thor is a healthy eater :headbang: and everything else sounds great.

Like Maggie said, if Branodn can post pics...so can you! Oops, did I just spell his name wrong??? :mrgreen:

There is a link to Razzles' pics in my sig if you want to take a peek :laughing6:

Great name by the way, love it!

~Sherri

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sherri":2om8abmw said:
if Branodn can post pics...so can you! Oops, did I just spell his name wrong??? :mrgreen:

IT....IS...ON!!!!! :twisted:

-Brandon

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
I just want photos. Apparently Thor and Dresden are eating machines and I want to see how big he is compared to Dresden.

WindTide - can I have a handful of your popcorn ;)

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Michael - here are pics of my vivs

Dresden's
b2ae0bb3.jpg

Nezzie's
56cd9476.jpg

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
I met Thor in another thread. That thread had pictures, and possibly (I could be wrong) more pics.

Want pics.

Hi Thor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom