Beardies and Shiny things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, In the past few months i've noticed that my oldest beardie has noticed my horseshoe spiked end earrings. I have 2 in each ear, One chrome one and one silvery blue in each ear. Anyways, I've noticed lately that my oldest beardie has taken a liking to them and tries to eat them a few times every night when she's chilling out on my shoulder. Im a guy, So guys who have piercings that have gone through the same thing or women with pierced ears, Please feel free to share your stories.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Yes, this is true! They are attracted to shiny(especially silver objects). My older beardie used to have a thing for red nail polish, lol, she was always trying to eat my toenails. :shock:
Now while that might be funny, there is a down side with this shiny fetish as well...

Years ago, m son was sorting through some stainless steel nuts and bolts on the floor. This same beardie(Rex) ran over and snatched one of the nuts up in her mouth and proceeded to eat it. Well my son, who was 8 y.o. at the time, instantly grabbed Rex and held her upside down and gave her a good shake. The nut came flying out thank god, but she was in the process of swallowing it. I'm just glad my son thought to do this.

Beardies can be like toddlers... you gotta watch them or they will get into trouble for sure. :wink:

celtickc86

Hatchling Member
Desmond always goes for the colorful buttons on my TV remote and XBOX 360 controller. I can't tell if he likes the colors, or just wants to play. :blob8:

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
I am not allowed to wear nail polish when feeding as Dylan tries to either eat my fingers or runs from them (depending what colour they are)
He enjoys licking my glasses when on my shoulder and when I look at him with them on he dances for his reflection.... crazy boy!

Jess

Extreme Poster
You should see Dudley attack my sparkley nail polish! He almost got my thumb last time. :shock:

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My oldest seems to be real fond of my earrings and the red power buttons on my tv remotes. My little guy only seems to interested in the red power button on the remote. I know this is probably a very stupid question and im sure it's been asked 100's of times. But, I never really knew. Are beardies able to see color, Or are they color blind?

MarleyMoe

Hatchling Member
Ours go for anything thats yellow....i use yellow feeding tongs for the bugs and they quickly learnt that yellow = nomz lol. Poor god-daughter came over wearing a yellow t-shirt and they wouldn't leave her alone... everytime she walked past the vivs they would run after her from end to end.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Yoshi tries to get my niece's sparkly earrings.

I know they can see red. Someone on here played with some babies and a laser and the babies went crazy chasing the red dot. LOL

sheri85

Juvie Member
Sashee":393peg5v said:
Yoshi tries to get my niece's sparkly earrings.

I know they can see red. Someone on here played with some babies and a laser and the babies went crazy chasing the red dot. LOL

omg really? i'm so buying a laser now. between Archer and my cat, this should be fun!!!

I have small silver hoop earrings, but Archer hasn't shown any interest in those. i have had to yank him away from my yarn pile because he tried eating my yarn (guess it looks kind of wormy) but other than that he hasn't gone for anything else.

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the info and stories everybody. Please feel free to continue sharing any interesting stories you have of your beardies.

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Emily, I dont quite understand where your coming from. But, Im intrigued none-the-less. Do you mind explaining what exactly you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom