HANDI-CAPABLE: THE 7 WONDERS OF MY WORLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELCOME TO: BELLA, OLLIE, PYREX, GABBY, LINCOLN, SCARLETT, AND MICA'S STORY.

Hi everyone,
Somehow having 3 threads going at the same time, bogged me down from posting faithfully, I don't know why it would :?: , but I thought I'd consolidate the 3 together to make this one topic. I'm going to post some original info from each thread to update anyone who doesn't know my clan, then I'll have some new pics at the end.

From "HANDI-CAPABLE BELLA, PLUS OLLIE+ PYREX" Thread

~BELLA~
Well, on craig's list someone posted a 2 yr old "handicapped" girl......... aggressive (this may have been d/t improper lighting and food)............. so not a good pet for children, and would be asking for a rehoming fee.
Long story short.......the lister couldn't take care of her........... he was interested in other pets and was moving on, and when I saw a picture of her, I knew she was suppose to be mine. Many people called for her, and he said that if I came down to pick her up, he would not charge me for her. Sooooooooo...........off I went, with much anticipation and knowing it was going to be a long day trip.
When I saw her, she was in a dirty viv, sand substrate, urate smelling drift wood, and she was very small with poop smears on her. She had a household light bulb only......... with a black light for night time......... no food or vitamins on hand.......... with everything in much need of a good cleaning. In the owners defense......... he said he wanted her to go to a good home............. so someone could take care of her. When I saw her.......... I instantly fell in love.
I brought her some butterworms, to see if she would eat them in her enviroment before I scooped her up to take her away d/t the possibility that she'd have relocation stress and not eat. She goobled them up..........I was so happy!
When I picked her up, she was very tense, bearding without darkening, and trying to bite me x2........ but I was persistent, and rubbed the top of her head, so she settled down quickly. So tiny........I asked the owner, are you sure she's 2 yr's old? He said yes, and told me how she lost her feet, etc. Apparently she was a runt, and the other babies attacked her leaving her with her right front foot missing at the ankle, back left missing from the ankle down, back right missing right below the knee down, and half her tail. She has the front left limb completely, but the fingers are crooked, the limbs are very skinny, and mushy/soft, significant of MBD, also her jaw is a little off alignment, another sign of MBD too.
I wrapped her snuggly in a soft towel, and she went home on my friends chest, cozy and sleeping. I brought hand warmers with me so they were within the towel......... she was toasty warm and appeared very content. It was a long day, and the only time she moved, was when she did a poop........ much to my delight........... because of the sand substrate housing. I had brought another towel, just in case that happened.
I have named her "BELLA"...............for she is truely "beautiful".......... she has some orange/red on her face/beard and back, not too much, just enough. Her eyes are the perfect color with the golden color outlining the dark iris, she has a short nose, 9" long, from nose to tail end, and weighs 140 gm. She looks like a baby not a 2 yr. old.
When she woke up in the AM, she had a nice salad then I gave her some phoenix worms......... she's very alert and study's everything, including me. She pooped again, which was wonderful, formed but smelly, so I'll be testing her soon for parasites. Bath time was cute, I held her and took a soft toothbrush and removed the dried poop from her........ I think she thought she died and went to heaven.
I am using what I have........... I have cleaned and baked her things, I couldn't salvage one piece of driftwood, because the urate smell wouldn't come out.
I have a very low hammock for her, a hide, and a low log......... she manages well with walking........ but woobles d/t the MBD and her legs being unevenly amputated.
All I can say is............ she is precious, and I love her........... plus I want to give her the best home that she deserves, especially with her past. Meet Miss Bella Graham. (All my beardies have middle names)

~OLLIE~
He was my first beardie, I picked him out from a tank filled with at least 50 babies, didn't know a thing about beardies or their care. I soon found this site and quickly learned how to set up the viv, etc., and had a stool sample examined only to find out that he had AV. I hand fed him for over 2 years, plus he had pneumonia, so it was 14 days of injections, nebulizer treatments and medicines, but he is now eating on his own, still fussy about the greens at times, but appears stable. Meet Oliver "Ollie" Spike.

~PYREX~
He is a snow morph, and was abandoned at a reptile expo. I saw him on the information table, tiny and under a cool breeze, so I went to the MC and said it was nice they were using a baby beardie as their mascot, but he would freeze to death all day with the air conditioning blowing on him. He wasn't a mascot,............ and someone left him, :?: :?: so I waited all day for someone to claim him, no one did, and low and behold, I was driving home with a new baby. :D Meet Pyrex Ricco.

From "NEW BABIES AND PICS, Meet Gabby, Lincoln, and Scarlett!!" Thread
~LINCOLN AND GABBY~
So.............they have a Reptile expo in Co. 4x a yr. and yesterday was my first introduction to the western expo's. Of course, I was only going to buy some supplies, really............ but couldn't help my self to look at the babies, I should have never gone near the tables. One vendor had some beautiful morphs and I fell in love with a 4 month male, with a tail nip. He comes from a red sandfire/het/hypo/blood line, I held him of course, put him back and spent the day chatting with vendors and buying supplies, but when I went back, much to my amazement, he was still there................he made an offer I couldn't refuse.................but here's the unbelievable part.............I already had a little girl under my shirt (to keep her warm) that I purchased for $10.00. She was under another vendors table and while looking at their beautiful tiger/red babies, the vendor said, I have a baby that's been nipped on her foot/tail, would you like to see her? I should have said "no thank-you, I have to leave", but of course I said yes........... if you've been following Bella's thread, you know I rescue beardies, and I couldn't put her down.......the vendor said, "I want her to go to a good home", and that was it, paid the money and...........off I went to the ladies room, put her under my shirt, and she never moved the rest of the day. The vendor said she was a normal, but when she warmed up, her head became neon yellow, along with her shoulder blades, and when she was a baby, she had a diamond pattern going down her tail, thus, her name.......... So this is Lincoln Mosaic and Miss Gabby Diamond.

~SCARLETT~
She came to my home during part of my (pringle) addiction, one of my few beardies that does not have any infirmities; she's still growing and quick as ever, she keeps me on my toes and is getting her own little personality. Meet Scarlett Emerson.

From "MY NEW (PRINGLE) MICA" thread
~MICA~
Well, as some of you know, I've always wanted a "white" beardie, so I've kept my eyes open for the right one. It's difficult to know what a 6" baby will grow up to be, color-wise, even if the parents are leucistic, etc, so I've been hesitant in getting such a small tyke....................
Well........................., I found a 11 month old light colored male, hypo pastel, that I just loved when I saw him, and knew he'd me mine. To my surprise, he was very skinny and lethagic, but friendly and lovable. I really felt that he came to me as a rescue,........ just for me to nurture and love. Meet the one and only, Mica Jackson. :D

So there's the synopsis of each baby, and here are a few pics for an update.

~Bella~
Christinespictures2078.jpg

Christinespictures2109.jpg

Christinespictures2105.jpg

Christinespictures2073.jpg

~Ollie~
Christinespictures1986.jpg

Christinespictures1947.jpg

Christinespictures2133.jpg

Christinespictures2096.jpg

~Pyrex~
Christinespictures2118.jpg

Christinespictures2076.jpg

Christinespictures2091.jpg

~Lincoln~
Christinespictures1974.jpg

Christinespictures2103.jpg

Christinespictures2002.jpg

Christinespictures2080.jpg

~Gabby~
Christinespictures2114.jpg

Christinespictures2126.jpg

Christinespictures2146.jpg

Christinespictures2147.jpg

~Scarlett~
Christinespictures2007.jpg

Christinespictures2077.jpg

Christinespictures2081.jpg

~Mica~
Christinespictures2100.jpg

Christinespictures2085.jpg

Christinespictures2110.jpg

Christinespictures2084.jpg

So I hope you enjoyed the new pics, sorry for the long intro, but I hope you'll leave a note so you can continue to follow my special family and their updates. That's my one fear about closing my other threads, that I'll lose all my contacts, :( so please check in.

Bugs and hugs to all, :love5:

fez09

Extreme Poster
Christine! I love that you combined all the threads, it makes it so much easier for all of us! I'm glad that you gave a re-cap on each of your babies and their stories. What great pics too, they are all so precious!!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Beautiful pic's Christine! :wink:
I so understand the need to consolidate threads. That's what I keep Bye bye brumation for it where I share all of the perminate residents. It's so confusing sometimes to keep up just with the threads we have created ourselves which leaves us no time to help other.

Everyone looks great!

Hugs!

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
i can't remember if i've ever posted in any of the 3 threads, but i have been watching them. i just wanted to say that they are all so adorable! :)

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Great job on combining all your threads, Christine. Maybe this way you will have more time for all of them. Heck, I only have a few threads going and cannot keep up with them and everyone else's, so I understand.
You do have a wonderful family of beardies and do such a great job with each and every one of them. :wink:
Hope all is well with you!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Such a lovely and wonderful family! I have always had a soft spot for Bella with her missing parts of her legs.
Great pics! Glad it is combined in 1 thread.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks so much guys, for checkin' in and your kind words........it's amazing how hard it was to make this decision of consolidation, it was as though one of my beardies died and I wasn't going to post on their thread anymore :( ........sounds silly but true......so thanks again for your input. :p

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Congrats on the rescue - they all look wonderful in their after pictures :) Looking forward to following this thread for all your spoiled beardies :)
Carrie

Edwtampa

Hatchling Member
allo,i'm Leighann,slave to beardie mistress Gypsy.i heard you were gonna check out her thread so felt it would only really be fair to look at yours..and i'm glad i did.those stories belong in a book..it ought to be called "Chicken soul for the Beardie Slave's soul" :lol: they were wonderfully sweet...and looking at the beardies now,they are all so faaat!!you can kinda tell they are all happy,but with that little hint of lingering sadness. i was so amazed that someone had just abandoned ollie!but glad you were able to get him...and bella looks kinda green!made me do a double take,like "huh,waitaminute!" :shock: and i really like pyrex's back...that is so cool looking in his first picture! loverly pictures and loverly stories...i look forward to watching this thread^-^

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Edwtampa":15t5caoa said:
allo,i'm Leighann,slave to beardie mistress Gypsy.i heard you were gonna check out her thread so felt it would only really be fair to look at yours..and i'm glad i did.those stories belong in a book..it ought to be called "Chicken soul for the Beardie Slave's soul" :lol: they were wonderfully sweet...and looking at the beardies now,they are all so faaat!!you can kinda tell they are all happy,but with that little hint of lingering sadness. i was so amazed that someone had just abandoned ollie!but glad you were able to get him...and bella looks kinda green!made me do a double take,like "huh,waitaminute!" :shock: and i really like pyrex's back...that is so cool looking in his first picture! loverly pictures and loverly stories...i look forward to watching this thread^-^

Hi Leighann, I did visit Gypsy's thead, she's a beauty. Thanks for all your comments about my clan, like the book title as well. :laughing6:
You may have been speaking of Pyrex, he was the beardie that was left at the expo show. It baffles me too, that someone could pay $150.00 for a snow morph and leave it or misplace it? Wouldn't you realize that you had left a living creature at the expo and call and claim him? Well they didn't, so he became mine, and all I payed for him was with love and caring. (I think that was the how it was suppose to be) 8)

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
You did a great job combining the threads. I am still new here and it was wonderful to get caught up and make sense of
each of their stories. Thanks for that. I love the pix and hope to keep following and seeing more pix in future.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks Jeritta, I'm glad you found BD.org, it's a wonderful site, and you learn so much.......I'm hoping with this one thread, I'll be able to keep up with the pics, so I'll keep you posted.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Christine, I'm glad you merged your threads, too, it's so much easier to see all your babies. And Mica & Scarlet got whole pages in the calendar, did I miss anyone?

I've always enjoyed your pics, but the latest bunch were the best, their colours all popped out Bella is gorgeous, such wonderful colours since she shed all that yukkie skin.

You've done a great job with them!

How's your sister managing? Better? I hope so.

We're all well, thanks for checking our thread. I can't belive that Rubio gained weight since mid-September when he's been sleeping & hardly eating. Leave it to Rubio. Then Sweetie, who's been fast asleep for 3 weeks loses weight. Go figure. I'll let her sleep another week, but if her weight is down again, guess she won't be brumating until she gains a bit more weight. I'll have some sunny pics, too, soon. My computer's not working very well, it keeps shutting down on me. It's very old in computer years, about 6-7 yrs, so will be looking at another one in Jan, if funds allow.

Take care Christine, best wishes to your sister,
snuggles to your crew,
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom