falcor & tolkien's fun fotos thread *new pics pg 14*

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, falcor is my first beardie. she has been doing this spring fever thing for close to a month now...driving me nuts! she eats barely anything and just wants to stare out the window and run around the house and try to climb walls!!! she eats next to nothing, only the occasional roach (1-3 per week!) absolutely wont go near her veggies (she used to LOVE her salads??!!!) and only eats baby food mixed with critical care!!!! last month she weighed in at 470 grams, now she's down to 461...hopefully she doesn't drop much more weight. :banghead: i've tried everything, superworms, hornworms, waxworms, butterworms, silkworms, NUTTIN! she looks at me like im crazy...which i possibly am!!!!! so, in my insanity, i made a comic strip to make myself feel better. plus, i'ver heard & seen people here like comic strips!!! so here ya go!

4-4-10falcor02.jpg

4-4-10falcor01.jpg

4-4-10falcor03.jpg

I had fun making that!!!

but, seriously, that is ALL she does....stares and stares hours upon hours out the window...!!!!! LOL

i will return with more comics!

do they ever return to their normal selves? or is it endless craziness here on out?

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well, it seems that falcor has snapped out of her spring fever madness! THANK HEAVENS!!! it lasted about a month & 1/2.

she's an 'observer' beardie. loves to watch things outside from her window perch. it's been pretty nice this week up here in minnesota, so was able to open the window and let her get some real sun rays!
her colors & markings now are just beautiful. when she's sunning herself, her colors turn to a more golden-brownish with dark markings. but when i put her back in her cage, this is where i see the true benefit of real uvb-uva sun-rays, she turns a beautiful light yellow gold color, you can see below, all creamy white belly too! for being a petco dragon, she sure is lovely!

which brings me to a question, i've gone searching, but haven't really turned up any answers. where does petco get their dragons from? i'm wondering if they are from breeders, are they left-overs, so to speak? i hope they aren't illegally imported dragons, thats my only worry. i know you can't import dragons, but still makes me wonder...i think falcor may be a 'yellow-phase' dragon....but i havent a clue, i'm no dragon whiz, that's for sure, she is my first dragon.

well, enough with the thoughts & talk, here are the photos and i apologize for not being the fastest at posting pictures, oh and these are her actual colors, i don't alter my photos, other then re-sizing.

look, i just painted my nails dark brown, don't they just look fantabulous?
4-13-10falcor01.jpg

mommmm i can't move because my nail polish has to dry...sheesh!!!!
4-13-10falcor02.jpg

whut....that's not supposed to be over there....who's moving my stuff???
4-13-10falcor03.jpg

that's right...i'm the boss, could you move it a little further to the right please? (i cleaned one of her rocks and placed it back)
4-13-10falcor04.jpg

here's falcor being nice and sharing 'her' window with my cats. this is my youngest kitty, chibi!
4-13-10falcorchibi.jpg

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ackk i hit the wrong button submit instead of preview...

one last photo, this is of falcor with onyx, my middle kitty!
4-13-10falcoronyx.jpg

i never EVER let falcor run around unsupervised. i watch her, and the kitties, like a hawk. they know falcor is off limits, the minute they even start to inch forward i kick them out of the room!
these are all taken in my art room, i'm sitting in a chair right next to that table there within an arms reach, i'm an extremely protective paranoid beardie mom...err.. slave!!!!

here's another photo, snuggle time!
4-13-10falcor05.jpg

Livey

Extreme Poster
Falcor is just stunning!
Im sorry to hear about the eating :( hopefully falcor will start soon! lets hope!

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thanks livey!

yes, she has started to eat once again!! she's munching on superworms, i think she may have tired of the roaches for now. she likes to change things up when it comes to food. but, she used to love her salads and eat them everyday, now she has decided that she doesnt like salads anymore....soooo, off to creative thinking once again, going to have to buy different salad stuff to get her interested again!!! these beardies sure can be picky drama-queens!!! LOL

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well, i think i have a highly 'instinctive-sensitive' dragon on my hands...(could be highly spoiled also LOL)

whenever the weather is bad here, falcor goes into a very unmotivated blah mood. whenever the weather is nicer she's happier and energetic. a few weeks ago, we had some really nice weather and you couldn't keep her in her cage, she was absolutely insane... now the weather is just plain crap, and don't know when it'll get better. falcor is not a happy camper at the moment. i come home and she's always sitting halfway under her little cave area. i'm wondering if she's possibly semi-brumating, or just blah because of the crappy weather. she's totally awake, just hanging out in the same spot every day i come home from work. i do hope the weather becomes sunnier and nicer again, i would really be bummed out if she goes into brumation due to the cold rainy weather here in minnesota, because we are entering the summer months and i was so excited to take her outside for some little adventures. i read through the brumation article here on the site many times, and it does say that some dragons will go into brumation when they choose to, falcor is coming up on her first birthday (i picked june 1st because no one really knows her age) and i know when they get around that age, they can possibly go into brumation, no matter the time of year.

on a positive note, falcor eats 3-4 worms every day, and she's back to eating her veggies again!!!! i had to figure out a good salad mixture for her. this is what she likes: collards, yellow squash, carrot top greens & parsley. i think she really likes the smell of her veggies now! some days i come home and there's barely any salad left, other days she eats a little bit of it. i'm not complaining as long as she eats some of it!!!

anyone else noticing their dragon acting sluggish when the weather is cold and rainy?

here are 2 pics back when the weather was nice about a month ago...will we ever see the sun again in minnesota?

just sunnin it up in the window...she was so happy!!!
4-4-10falcor04.jpg

a close-up shot of miss falcor, she's smiling away!!
falcor-closeup.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Falcor's a very pretty beardie, such bright yellow colours. Can't say I blame her for wanting to be at the window. Our dragons are just like her, they mope when the weather's yukky and then they're happy when the weather is sunny & dry. Rubio, who's 20 mo old, lost 100 grams during Spring Fever time. It's all about hormones & finding a mate. He's since gained all the weight back. So seems to be normal behaviour, all instinct, and really nothing you can do. She didn't lose alot of weight, which is great & glad to hear she's eating again. Loved the kitty shots, your cats are so cute & well behaved!

Deb

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thanks deb!

ok, so beardies are somewhat like people then, happier when the sun is out!

i was beginning to wonder about her, i was going through everything in my mind trying to think if i was doing something wrong.

as they get close to a year old, or older, do they become pickier eaters also? falcor was a vacuum before when it came to food.
any of your beardies like this too?

kiara

Hatchling Member
Ryuu is exactly the same way. She's gotten super picky since she's come out of her brumation, sleeps if the weather is below 75 degrees (or so it seems) and is CRANKY ... still! She's around a year in age, maybe a year and some change, honestly....

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Love your pics! Cute and funny! My Female rexie will also sit for hours at my window, staring out! And does not wnat ot be moved!

Her name is class, Falcor, reminds me of the Never Ending Story!!!

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thanks guys....yep, it must be once they hit one year of age that the entire universe flips upsided down LOL!!!

well, we all still love those beardies madly, no matter the mood, we are good slaves...!!!!

falcor loves looking out the window, and she loves watching my cats. she's funny because she knows she can push the kitties around, they are totally weirded out by her, they can't figure her out at all!!! they all love to look out the window together, and i guess the kitties figure, she must be reasonable & o.k. if she likes to do that!!!

thats why i named her falcor, i love the never ending story, book & movie. falcor the luck dragon!! (i spelled it with a 'c' instead of a 'k' because it looked more like falcon to me, i love falcons). i came up with a few other names in the beginning, i love dragons & fantasy from stories & movies, but falcor just stuck, almost as if she wanted to be named that!

i'll post more picutres and possibly another comic soon :)

falcor33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well, the weather has been nice again here for a bit, so miss falcor has been very happy lately!

here are some pics of our adventure today, from start to finish! enjoy! :blob5:

can i haz worm?
5-19-10falcor01.jpg

stink-eye!!!!
5-19-10falcor02.jpg

can we go outside now, pleeeeeeease?? pretty please?
5-19-10falcor03.jpg

ahh, my kingdom sits before me!
5-19-10falcor06.jpg

this is the life!
5-19-10falcor04.jpg

can we sit out here all day mom?
5-19-10falcor05.jpg

stalker #1 (mr. loki)
5-19-10loki.jpg

stalker #2 (mr. onyx)
5-19-10onyx.jpg

ooooohhhh whutz under herez? (by now she was getting tired and she was looking for a place to go snuggle, she always heads for this shrub!)
5-19-10falcor07.jpg

that was most fun, we must do this again tomorrow mom...but for now, this bath will suffice!
5-19-10falcor08.jpg

this liquid stuff is most rejuvenating!
5-19-10falcor09.jpg

I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and briiiiiight!!!!!
5-19-10falcor10.jpg

is it snuggle time now mom...i'm feeling sleepy.....oohh so sleepy.....
(this is the look she gives me everyday, she then crawls onto my shoulder to warm up a bit, then back to her cage to warm up even more for about an hour, and back to snuggle for the night!)
5-19-10falcor11.jpg

we had a lot of fun today, as you can see. falcor and i hope the weather continues to be this nice!
goodnite for now, see you soon with more adventure pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom