Meet Dixon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
So after much back and forth debate I have finally gotten a new bearded dragon! Petco was having their annual tank sale and I have a friend who works there who told me they had a lot of bearded dragons in stock. My friend wasn't there when I went in and the girl there tried to give me all the wrong information but I stuck to my guns!

My beardie I had before (RIP Haku <3) was only ever in a 20 gal tank because he had a lot of problems and couldn't run around to catch his food so, I bought a 40gal breeder tank this time around. When I asked the girl where the reptile carpet was she tried to talk me into buying sand and walnut shells and I was like "No thank you!" several times. She also tried to sell me large crickets because "that's what it's been eating this whole time and if I switch to smaller ones now it will mess up his diet" but these large ones were huge and I was like "just give me a million small ones." Heh.

So! Anywho, This is my first time with such a large tank and I just want to make sure I put my UVB in the right spot. It hangs on the inside back wall of the tank but I'm not sure if I should put it right in the middle or closer to the basking spot. My little one seems pretty happy right now and hopefully we will be doing well in the future. Here he/she is:

mj703q.jpg

2a5dn6g.jpg

semvdy.jpg

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Looks great, and glad you stuck to your guns on the set up! The UVB should be above the basking spot.

Lenewen

Juvie Member
I mount my UVB over the basking spot as well. That way when they are basking under the light, they get their UVB too!

Sounds like you really did your research, good job and welcome to the forum. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom