My first clutch, full of randomness

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayDragonz

My first clutch has hatched, i got 12 dragons hatched and 6 eggs that did not hat how ever i am keeping them in the incubator for a week or so extra to see what happens. I am using a hovabator incubator so they are not the best, which is probably why they hatched over a period of 5 days or so. Here are some pictures from this clutch along with the mom and dad

Mom when she was younger. One of the blackest beards i have seen on a female, and is the most favorite pic i ever took of my beardies
momhissing.jpg

Here are a few more pics of her
mom.jpg

Prego
momprego.jpg

A nice pic of the dad
adultdad.jpg

And now the babies some different colors that came out
These are the three i am keeping no matter what. the lighter one is the first one that hatched
dragon3.jpg

dragons1.jpg

dragons2.jpg

dragons4.jpg

Here is my first all alone
dragon5.jpg

Another random dragon
dragons7.jpg

And a group shot
dragons6.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pics. There is a lot of bluing in these babies as well as those two really dark ones. I cant wait to see how they turn out. the mother is a recessive leatherback but i do not believe the dad had the gene as i was wishing for at least 1 leather but that was a no go. I never seen it though from the same clutch have such a dark dragon with the light ones. That is why i wanna see how it turns out. Thanks for taking a look. I would love feedback

BayDragonz

Original Poster
Thank you.Yes i am hoping they are, some have nice lining on them too, hoping the orange and yellow really pops out on these. Just wondering what the 2 dark ones are going to come out like. I know when a baby and black it usually means they are stressed but these are the actual colors of the dragons. If i get a blackened dragon with blue stripes this is going to be a breeding dragon :)

ChrisMiller

Hatchling Member
Great looking babies! Congrats!

How long will you keep them together like that? I have just read that they like to "go at it" and I see a lot of ads on FaunaClassifieds" about "nips". Does that mean they have been bitten by other dragons?

Still learning these awesome guys... excuse my ignorance.

BayDragonz

Original Poster
Yes nipping is a common occurrence when it comes to babies. One they have no idea what they are as they just come out of the egg and second even as babies there still some that try to be dominate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom