P1050665.JPG

P1050668.JPG

P1050670.JPG

P1050672.JPG

P1050664.JPG

P1050662.JPG

4 sheets of formaldehyde-free, eco friendly melamine board = $128
2 pieces of 1/4" tempered glass, with ground finger pulls = $66
3.5 hours of labor to build it = $64 (paid a guy in our custom wood shop to assemble it)

I did the design in Solidworks, and cut out the parts on a CNC machine.

Draper isn't totally used to it yet, but he went from 40 gallons, to 5' (wide) x 2' (deep) x 18" (high)....I'm sure he'll get used to it!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The drop down box you see is where his CHE sits. Evenutally I'm going to close off a little 'room' under the CHE. There will be a 'mouse hole' for him to climb through. Hopefully he'll use this area as a bedroom. The CHE is on a thermostat set to kick on at 68 degrees, warm up to 75, then off. Should keep him nice and warm on winter nights.

jings55

Hatchling Member
Very, very nice! Lucky dragon! I agree-go into business making these enclosures!!! :notworthy:

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
haha guys, this is sorta what I do for a living any way. Our shop does custom commercial woodwork, for law offices, library's, retail stores, etc. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Custom-Craft-LLC/117423498301606

But I'd love to have a business just making animal vivariums! :p

I wonder what a viv like this would sell for on the market.....hmmmm. Or what I could get the price to if we were to make 10+ of them at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSMhOwhyLPI a little video of Draper and his new viv.

jings55

Hatchling Member
Really love it! 8) Draper is one lucky Beardie! :mrgreen:

What is that box for that he's having so much fun digging in and what's in it?

Also, was that a cooler or a cricket keeper in the cabinet? :study:

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
jings55":37zquwv4 said:
Really love it! 8) Draper is one lucky Beardie! :mrgreen:

What is that box for that he's having so much fun digging in and what's in it?

Also, was that a cooler or a cricket keeper in the cabinet? :study:

Just a tupperware container. We're trying out flax seed in the dig box. It's my wife's idea. We did some research and as far as we know they are safe. It's actually in alot of dry bearded dragon food pellets, and I've seen sites where people are feeding it to there Uromastyx's. They are a bit fatty for beardies, but Draper doesn't look like he wants to eat it.

We use a small cooler to house the phoenix worms. We're trying to keep them at 50-60 degrees so they morph slower.

stangbanger

Hatchling Member
looks nice, but theres no much in there....why not provide multiple perches he can climb and lay on, instead of only one in the basking spot? does he bask all day? if so - it may not be warm enough for him.....mine spend as much time on their cool side branches as they do on the warm, so providing some could prove beneficial for your beardie

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
stangbanger":wj6k1ah8 said:
looks nice, but theres no much in there....why not provide multiple perches he can climb and lay on, instead of only one in the basking spot? does he bask all day? if so - it may not be warm enough for him.....mine spend as much time on their cool side branches as they do on the warm, so providing some could prove beneficial for your beardie

He used to have more....but is recovering from parasites :(But. So things are pretty sparse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom