bulbs keep blowing out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcombs816

Hey there,

We have had our beardie for about 3 months now. In that time frame, we have already had 3 bulbs blow out - 2 UVBs and one small basking bulb. They are all Zoo Med. The UVBs are 160 watts.

Has anyone else had problems with Zoo Med bulbs? This is ridiculous. For the price of these bulbs, I would expect them to last much longer than they are...

Thanks.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
You want to buy a Repti-Sun 10.0 TUBE for the UVB bulb. You can use any household bulb for a basking bulb. The zilla ones are expensive and not worth it.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like your getting to much juice to your lights. Try using different out let or not putting all your lights in the same one.
~ Tommie

Yoshi2012

My guess is that your 160 watt bulb is too powerful for the fixture it is in. I think most dome fixtures that are sold are 150w so you may want to double check.

Yoshi2012":1rt1ilqj said:
Also, a 160w UVB bulb seems astronomical. Mine (and i think all reptisun 10s) are something like 13w to 25w depending on how long they are.

I would assume the 160w are the MVB's aka Powersun or MegaRay. Either way you have to make sure the fixture can support that wattage bulb.
Sure does seem like too much juice to outlet. Try a different outlet, or if on powerstrip/timer, try a different one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom