repti glo 10.0 vs reptisun 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
OK, so I'm new to the UVB/UVA situation, I have a brand new baby and I'm using a repti glo 10.0 florsencet tube. Whats the deal? Good or not so good?? I ordered a reptisun 10.0 but I'm an ***** and ordered the wrong size....... So another one with be here in like 2 weeks...... is Gib gonna be ok till then? He's only about 2 mths old, and I figured some uva/uvb is better than nothing.....

ADVICE PLEASE :)

peera

Sub-Adult Member
The tube is ok so long as you have bright white light next to it so they don't look directly at it, it's the compact you would worry about.

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I hate to sound like an ***** but will a sun glo 100 watt and a regular house hold white 60 watt be ok?? :) thanks so much for posting!

peera

Sub-Adult Member
That should work just fine so long as your temps are good.
Yeah, the filter catches words I don't quite understand sometimes, it seems to be getting worse, I got caught earlier when I described these guys breeding as r.ape.

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do u know wh the glo is getting a bad rap? Or where I can get the proper info?? Do you think its owner choice or is the sun way better?? :)

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Mostly, it's not a great bulb. It's ok, but it just doesn't let your dragon live to his fullest. Dragons moved out of it and under a reptisun nearly universally show improvements to appetite, activity, and temperament. Mine were without UVB at all, so I don't know if it's a common reaction, but mine's colors are AMAZING now. I always thought Gibby was a normal with some pretty color on his head, turns out that color is really bright and his entire body is orange! There is a study floating around here somewhere, if you use that little search bar to the right up there and type in "reptiglo", you'll probably find a link to it provided by someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom