Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Experiencing The Window for the first time:
IMG_0623.jpg

Those damn birds are making him nervous! :shock:
IMG_0626.jpg

It's Bathtime! Yay!
IMG_0630.jpg

...the little booger figured out that he could use his froggie as a flotation device!
IMG_0633.jpg

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, that was the first day I put a couple toys in his bath.

I think he liked them! Especially his froggie, LOL

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I love the third picture down from the top, he's looking back at you over his shoulder like yeah I know i'm adorable. That's awesome he has bath toys, it's a great idea. I think I might try it for my beardies, they might enjoy something to play with.

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
bioGHOST":3p4zubwm said:
His colours are gorgeous! How old is he?
I love his little belly : 3

Thank you! He is a Hypo Tangerine, and he seems to change from a light peach & lemony-yellow, to a rusty orange and some red - just depending on his mood. :D

Stanley is - lets see - just a little over 10 weeks old.

And his belly is HUGE, I know! :shock: Its no surprise, I guess - he eats like a little pig. I know you're supposed to let babies eat as much as they want, but I can't help thinking "JEEZ dude, shall I set up an all-you-can-eat buffet line for you?!?" And he WOULD eat everything. He has quite literally doubled in size since I brought him home 2 weeks ago.

I'm going to post some more pics I got of him tonight, where he is using his fat beer-belly to hold himself up on his hammock.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This is how I found him this afternoon, shortly after putting him back in his tank to warm up after a lively afternoon of exploring the living room. Please note the large beer-gut holding him up:
IMG_0637.jpg

Here he is from the back - HAHAHAHA
IMG_0639.jpg

And this is how he's holding on with both feet:
IMG_0640.jpg

Oooop! Is that a sexy leg I see?
IMG_0643.jpg

BTW, the blob on the branch is NOT pewp or anything else gross - its a repair made by me with a glue gun to patch an exposed screw in his climbing branch.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
FranktheTank":5wjzf47m said:
I love the third picture down from the top, he's looking back at you over his shoulder like yeah I know i'm adorable. That's awesome he has bath toys, it's a great idea. I think I might try it for my beardies, they might enjoy something to play with.

-Kaleen

Thanks, I love that face! Yes, the toys in the bath were a pretty big hit - he kept licking them and using them to prop himself up! ...or climb on top of, lol

bioGHOST

Dooter":1v5cfleb said:
bioGHOST":1v5cfleb said:
His colours are gorgeous! How old is he?
I love his little belly : 3

Thank you! He is a Hypo Tangerine, and he seems to change from a light peach & lemony-yellow, to a rusty orange and some red - just depending on his mood. :D

Stanley is - lets see - just a little over 10 weeks old.

And his belly is HUGE, I know! :shock: Its no surprise, I guess - he eats like a little pig. I know you're supposed to let babies eat as much as they want, but I can't help thinking "JEEZ dude, shall I set up an all-you-can-eat buffet line for you?!?" And he WOULD eat everything. He has quite literally doubled in size since I brought him home 2 weeks ago.

I'm going to post some more pics I got of him tonight, where he is using his fat beer-belly to hold himself up on his hammock.

Ahh! So he's about Peep's age! : D
I just got Little Peep a bit over a week ago. (haven't posted pix yet, but that's him on my icon)
It's good to know that you can't really over feed these guys.
What's Stanley's diet like? And how often do you feed him?
Haha those pics you just posted are awesome! I love that one where his stomach is holding him up! xD
That is one talented lizard! : D

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oooh, Peep! I see him! I can't wait to see more pics of him! :D

Stanley's diet consists of about 20 small dubia roaches 2x a day (so about 40 total a day) plus a handful of crickets that I hand feed to him while he's out and "socializing". I dust his morning roaches with calcium+d3 powder 5x a week, and multivitamin powder 2x a week.

His daily salad consists of a bagged "spring mix" of assorted greens, then I add to it: squash, peapods, carrots and broccoli. I steam those to soften them up just a little bit, chop everything up and mix it into his bowl. He will either completely stuff his face with the salad, or fling it all over the cage. :roll:

I've tried to offer him some Reptiworms, but he will totally spit them out. Those were a no-go. :?

I'm thinking about trying mini-superworms soon - just for some variety.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
bioGHOST":qh4q1hon said:
Just noticed the tarot deck in the first image *dies*
:love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

You know, I didn't even notice that!!!! That's so funny!

I just grabbed the first hefty thing I could from the bookshelf to hold the vertical blinds off to the side.

The deck is beautiful - all of the cards have different dragon pictures on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom