Sebastian Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
So i went to check on my corn snake, Sebastian today and found he'd begun shedding. I put him into his temporary RUB while i cleaned out his viv as i always do. When i'd finished i went back to find that he's now got big and strong enough to push the lid off the top of the RUB then escaped. Naturally panic ensued and i ran round like a headless chicken trying to 'think like a snake' then i spotted the little bugger. He'd crawled along the ledge on the front of Hige's viv where the glass is attached. Poor Hige had retreated to behind his log displaying at the 'intruder' and Sebby was just having a nice bask like nothing had happened.

tumblr_m8ws68OX401ry9h3jo1_500.jpg

Safe to say, this cheeky little snake will be getting a bigger RUB!

tumblr_m8wsbf3VC11ry9h3jo1_500.jpg

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The little bugger escaped again. He's escaped a locked viv through a gap for the wires and i thought he was too big for/couldn't reach and had to fall off a large dresser... playing ace ventura pet detective is not as fun as you'd think! Somewhat worried. Its only been 24 hours so theres time. I laid out a mouse under a nice heat lamp on the floor with several hides near to his viv and im gonna do a layer of flour to check if he comes, takes it and goes elsewhere.

ashleyelsha

Juvie Member
Just remember, whereever their head can fit then the rest of the body will follow. I had a baby florida kingsnake get out and we thought for sure he was gone, found him a month later by the cats water bowl. He was in a rubbermade shoebox that i thought was secure, so now he is in a viv with a lid that locks down inside. Corn snakes are notorious for getting out so you need to make sure that everything is secure. He could try to strike at your bearded dragon, he looks too big for him to eat or anything, but I had one snake strike at one of my cats, just once...

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
tumblr_m9jhnrUNQx1ry9h3jo1_500.jpg

Found the little bugger! The git had managed to escape a locked vivarium, get down a large chest of drawers, get inside another very big heavy wooden set of drawers with no see-able entrance, work his way up to the top, got stuck behind the top drawer and made himself a little nest inside a piece of tissue paper. He was jumpy, stressed and cold but calmed down after getting a little warmer in my dark sleeve and seems to be perfectly fine. He is now in timeout and has this ‘dunce cap of reptile shaming’ taped to his vivarium and is calming down before devouring a nice defrosted mouse. Also, he sat with this on his head for a good 5 minutes, absolutely convinced he was actually trapped in the dark. His viv is now completely and utterly snake proof and there is no possible way he can now escape. Considering re-naming him Houdini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom