NOW he decides to brumate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
Up until now Wiggles has shown no signs of wanting to go into brumation, Happily staying in his favorite basking spot most of the time
P1110026.jpg

me offering wiggles veg while he sits in his favorite basking spot (he only ever seems to get round to going down to his veg bowl when its crispy, when i'm a bit slow in changing it, so i tend to try feeding him some when i put it in)

P1100367.jpg

Wiggles considering moving down his bridge for a bit

his bridge is his favorite place and he seem to like it best at the highest point (not the highest temp spot thats actually on bark directly below the heat lamp, will sit there a little immediately after feeding) he does sometimes move down the bridge and climb on the free standing grapvine structure he has (see pic of tank below)
P1090109.jpg

He doesn't generally hide at all since he's been in this tank which we upgraded him to last april. That was until yesterday.

Yesterday after being fed, pooping and runing round the bedroom he crawled under the far left hand side of his bridge and dugg himself in (just to the left of the last support, will try and get pics you can't see much of him) He hasn't budged at all today looks like he plans on staying there for a while :(

Has anyone else's beardie only just decided to go into brumation?

He couldn't have picked a worse time my other half is away with work until 23rd (he left very early yesterday/monday morning :( ) and was counting on my little family and wiggles especially to help keep me company. I also planned to bath him today, and i don't think it will be easy to get himout of his hiding spot.

Jean

Hatchling Member
Mine have gone down in early January or late December so this doesn't seem that late to me.

His set up is so beautiful! Fluffy and Spot are jealous of Wiggles posh pad! They especially like his bridge!

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
I was curious what that little bridge was from - it looks like bamboo (?), but wasn't sure on what was holding it together. I'm always looking at new things to do for my little girl.

Nibs (my girl) goes in and out of burmation. She started in early December for a few weeks, then was out and about again. She went back into burmation in January, and was up again this morning, basking away. She's got a little hole that she digs under her logs and she stays in there.

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you Jean we spent a fair while planning and thinking about how to best to use the space in his tank and give him plenty of opportunity to climb

Yes darkcirca the bridge is made out of bamboo, its a fence piece we found after much looking at a garden centre, it had large pieces at each end which we trimmed its held together with thick wire at 2 points

i got Wiggles out of his hidey hole on saturday, i had to manover/pull himout so i could bath him, he pooped and i fed him and he has not gone back to hiding just yet as have had him out for cuddles

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wiggles has returned to hiding :(

This time to the far right corner behind the driftwood resting on the bridge, where it is dark

He is completely upright clinging to the wall :shock:

his walls are covered in blinds purposely so he can climb them never thought that he'd go to sleep while climbing it tho
i perhaps should have realised he would since he managed to go asleep clinging to the guard around his heat lamp when he was a baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom