Smaug the Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fingolfin

So.. 2 months in being a new beardie parent for the first time and I gotta say these little guys are awesome... I find it hard to go into the petstore and not say "Okay, i'll take every animal in here." Looking for a new pet I came across them on youtube and immediately wanted to take care of one. Now I have a chinchilla who lives in a palace and a beardie who's terrarium I just absolulely pimped out today. ( It was good before but I really am proud of how cozy it is for him now. ) This forum is great especially for the ER thread and I look forward to reading more funny stories about everyones beardies. I named mine Smaug after the dragon in the hobbit and made a funny vid using the audio from the 1977 cartoon lol. This is his old setup though but funny nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xmztGw8BlY&feature=plcp

drstevo

Awesome video! :) I also feel like rescuing many beardies too!

Very good setup bar the sand (especially if you feed your BD in the vivarium. Reptile carpet, slate/tile and newspaper are a better alternative). He looks really healthy though so well done! :)

regards,
Stevo.

Fingolfin

Original Poster
He loves the sand and hes a very very clean eater. His accuracy when picking off cricks is 100%, he doesnt get a grain of sand in his mouth lol. If he was a baby id keep im on carpet. He poops everyday around the same time so I think he'll be ok. 8)

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Lol famous last wOrds....do yourself a favor and research impaction. We are not telling you about this to pick at you. ......good luck with your dragon

Fingolfin

Original Poster
Oh it looks way better now than in the video. That's when I first got him. How do you post a picture?

Fingolfin

Original Poster
photo.jpg

Suzan

I LOVE your video this is soooo cool. It came together so great. Your beardie is so beautiful. I was wondering how you came up with this name and now i know it's perfect for him. Congrats!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom