Cyrus, Lia and Gary's thread! PICTURE UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was just wondering, what times do your beardies go to sleep?

For some reason mine curls up in the corner at 2PM + , and goes to sleep! I wish I had more time in the day to play with her, anyone know why she goes to sleep so early?

Share some funny bed time stories!

He usually falls asleep within 30 minutes of me turning off his lights, which is around 8:30. I'm not sure when he wakes up though cause when I turn his lights back on around 8 he's in his moody waking up stage.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Do I just have a really sleepy beardie?

She goes to bed around 2 earliest, latest 5PM. She sits in the corner with her eyes open, and then sleeps in the exact same spot. By morning she hasn't moved, and I turn her lights on at 8AM, and have to wake hey myself usually! :banghead:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Has she always done this?? could be that suspected shed making her sleepy - Travis sleeps half the day when he is itchy!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, she didn't used to! She used to stay awake until like 8PM. But that was before I had gotten her temps sorted, her warm side was like low 80's at this stage. Then I accidently put them up to high, so the warm side was around 105F, and she spent that whole month in the corner awake, becase she was trying to find shade and I didn't understand :oops:

Since I've corrected it, and she now basks from about 8AM when I wake her up, and then sleeps at about 2PM, even with lights on. She doesn't even sleep, she just sits in the cold corner with her eyes open..she's been there for 4 hours now.
Could it still be too hot? Cool side 80F, warm side 95F, basking spot 100-105F ?

She's so confusing, but I love her to pieces! I wana spend more time with my sleepy little girl :|

MissT

BD.org Addict
I just wake Travis up and tell him 'No, Travis... it is NOT sleepy time'. I repeat this 100 times per day when he is shedding LOL!

Hmmm i wonder if she is still adjusting to the new temps - they are about perfect, the basking spot could even be bumped up to 105-110 without any issues! How long has it been since you got everything perfect :)

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Ps she's usually up befor I turn on the lights or when I do unless she sleeps in her little cave then I have to take s/he out by myself

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I only just got these temps about 3 days ago, I spent a week playing with her lights and temps, poor girl, can't have done her any good, but it'll help her in the long run I hope.
Tomorrow, I'll try lowering the temp, and see how she does. If it's like every other day, by the time I get home from school at 3, she'll be asleep.... if she's the world's coldest dragon, she'll be loving her ice cold temperatures! (not literally)..

Or can anyone recommend anything else? I don't want my baby being cold all day!

The new temperatures have done her the world of good, she's more active, poops more, eats more and basks on her own now... she just goes to bed really early still :banghead:

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Don't change the temps I had mine at 90 at first (bulb pet store gave me wrong one) bad words removed by moderator it could be because of brumation even though mine never did this yours might be don't know or she can be sick (probably not)

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Inappropriate comment removed by moderator.

Now on topic, When he gets sleepy of course! I just wrap him in a towel and put him wherever. Usually he sleeps with me and I'm a night owl.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Nathan (is that your name??) I would leave them. it could take her a week or 2 to adjust so just give her time :) She will be up basking all day long in no time!

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MissT":378x1e0l said:
Nathan (is that your name??) I would leave them. it could take her a week or 2 to adjust so just give her time :) She will be up basking all day long in no time!
Haha that is my name, MissT!
Okay thank you, I'll keep her temps the same (over the day the basking spot warms up and does go from 100-112F)
I'll give you an update on how she's going in a PM, thank you for advice. I'll keep everything the same, and just keep feeding her and hoping she wakes up :|

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nathan, how old is your beardie?

It's best to keep them on a 12 hour schedule of lights on & off. I agree with MissT, sounds mostly like your beardie is still adjusting to all the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom