night time temps...to warm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jirish617

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone. I was wondering what is too warm for temps for night time while beardies sleep. Since I moved back home after college, My mother is very insistent of putting the CHE on, EVERYNIGHT. The average temp of the house at night is 72*, plus the added temp of my CHE, so I was wondering what temp is too warm for sleeping, and if that could have an effect on beardie behavior.

pyffersnpaws

Juvie Member
night time temps should be 70ish.... the che should really only be used if temps at night fall below 65 at night. Hope that helps

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Franklin stays pretty warm all the time but then he sleeps with me in bed most of the time. Doesn't seem to affect him too much

jirish617

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
pyffersnpaws":16walsok said:
night time temps should be 70ish.... the che should really only be used if temps at night fall below 65 at night. Hope that helps

Ok thanks, but does it have a negative effect on their health or behavior if the temps are too warm

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
They'll still sleep even with warmer night time temps. Here in California many homes stay above 75 at night come summertime, with some up into the high 70s and low 80s depending on who has AC or not. The beardies in these homes are all fine, but as you can imagine they don't require additional night time heat!
If anything, there may be increased appetite due to the increased temperature at night. Key words there being "may be", some dragons may want to eat more if they are kept warmer all the time, some may not, it depends on your beardie.

-Jen

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Dragons need the temp drop at night to keep the day not cycle going. As long as the temp its not going below 60 he will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom