bearded dragon play area

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomkz14

hi my bearded dragon is really hyper and loves having a run about but i'm not confident about him running round my room because he might get hurt so i was thinking about making a enclosure for him using some card stock i got in my garage is it safe to use it or could he get diseases ???

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
You could get a small animal exercise pen and set that up with thinghs inside for him to hide in or investigate.
The smaller cheaper ones are better because the bars are horizantal. The taller pens have bars that are easier for them to crawl up and out of.

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
IMG-20120109-00123.jpg
this is Lizzy's play area in my laundry room. He cant climb over the boards, and there is a basking light attached to the metal chair at the far end for him to bask under (above the piece of marble tile) . He seems to like crawling around on shoes, so I put some in for him to play on. This allows him to get out and explore in a way that I can still find him later.

tomkz14

Original Poster
thanks for all the help guys ive got some laminated wood off an old table im throwing out so i'll see what i can make out of that :D

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
As you may or may not be able to see, it is just some borads carefully placed in my laundry room. Not fancy,but it let's him be out of the viv unsupervised. The sun shines in the window above the chair, so that gives him a nice sunspot. I can leave him in there while I do errands or chores and he can get some exercise

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
Use something slick Randy, that he can't grip with his claws. Somebody previously mentioned that laminated "pressed wood" from an old desk. Really, that laminate should be too slick to climb. But after your recent experience, I can't blAme you for worrying. You might put a harness on Franklin and. Let him drag the leash behind so you can find him. That's what I did before the play yard. Can't tell you how many times I found the leash stickingout from behind the refridgerator!

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
I just meant that they weren't very high. He seems to be able to stand about 8-10 inches on his hind legs and has pulled off some prettty crazy jumps using his front legs to pull himself up.

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
Lizzy is older and not a jumper, or even really a climber. I think he had some MBD from his old owner. They often fed lettuce as a veggie staple, and I dont think his UVB got changed often if ever. But he does like to walk and do some minor climbing ( like on the shoes), and he's not real fast. He's kind of my speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom