Randomly puffing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taegrin

This morning when I entered my room after leaving for less than half an hour, Archaeon was sitting on his rock (as usual) all puffed up.
His beard was out and black, his belly was dark, the spikes on the sides of his head were dark, and he was soooo fat it didn't even look like he was breathing.

I figure this is normal behaviour, but I've never seen him do it before; it kind of freaked me out a little bit, but he let me hold him and he calmed down when I was stroking him. It didn't take too long for his belly and throat to go white again. I've read around here that they sometimes do "morning stretches" or they possibly darken their beard and flatten themselves to absorb heat more quickly, and it's possible I've missed seeing this every other morning, but I've never seen him do it before. He didn't seem to be doing it multiple times so I'm not sure if it was the stretches or not.

Should I be worried about his well-being? I'm sure I'm just kind of being paranoid because I'm new at the beardie thing and I've never seen that before, but is it possible there's actually something agitating him?
His temps, for reference, are 105—110 at the basking site and an ambient of between 80 and 90 on the hot side, between 70 and 80 on the cool side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom