Growing up!!! Reassurance needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Kazi's becoming a big boy now!!! He turned 6 months old last Tuesday and since then, some odd behaviours have been emerging.

1) He has a ritual every night - have 'dalmation' style stress marks for about 20 minutes or so, come down from basking spot, stare at the roof of the viv, run back to rock and head bob so fast he turns into a blur!!!

2) Mid-afternoon at least 3 times since last Thursday he has climbed to the highest point on his log, got a blacker beard than my older female has ever displayed and bobs his head - again so fast I can hardly see him!! This is finished by a 'ceremonious' leap from the log to the back wall of his viv!

3) He licks ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING in his viv when he returns to it after bath/free-roam/cuddles etc!!!

Is this all part of growing up?? Has he suddenly hit puberty and begun to turn into an 'hormonal' mess!!! As if he wasnt crazy enough before!!!

Thanks

T

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ugh, I thought I had at least another month before this would begin!!! lol!! Hopefully his hormones dont take too long to settle down!!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Is this all totally normal guys?? I really need some reassurance!!!

Today, he head bobbed from he got up until he went to sleep. He bobbed at his salad, he bobbed at the dog, at the wall, at the locusts, at me, at my MIL, at my neice and (more reasonably) at Abu!!! In fact, he went crazy trying to get through the doors of the viv to get to her!!! He leapt from his log to the glass - at least an 8 inch drop and a 12inch spread!! He was black all the way down his chest!! His beard looked like it was about to explode!! His salad ended up all over his viv and then he started bobbing at each individual piece before eating it (tidying up) as he made his way back to his rock!!! I guess I really should have thought about it before letting her out for her free roam time, but I completely forgot to close the door to the viv room!!!

She wasnt even phased by this behaviour from the little guy, just staring at him as if to say 'whats all the fuss about?' Im surprised he didnt injure himself the way he was acting. And I feel like such a bad mum for letting him be subjected to seeing her!!!

Even after I took her away from his view, he spent the rest of the day going crazy!! He even bobbed when I tried to get him out for snuggles!!!

I am, at this point, seriously considering changing his name to Bob!!! Or more formally Sir Bobsalot!!
Noone warned me about all this hormonal stuff - I was telling a breeder friend today about the crazy goings on and he said Kazi sounds to be a bit of a handful!!

LJean

Extreme Poster
I am guessing it is normal, but I wouldn't really know.
As far as Oscar is concerned, he didn't do a thing until Calypso moved in. I thought everyone made up stories about the hormones and headbobbing etc, LOL! Oscar is a lazy, spoiled lump of lizard. (He is 2 1/2years old and we have had Calypso for 3 months.)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Haha, Oscar sounds like a male version of Abu!!! She would happily just spend all day lying in the same spot!!!

I guess having an older female doesnt help my poor little guys hormones!!!!

Anyway, yesterday I didnt see him at all (working all day) and apparently he was very well behaved and 'normal' all day!!! Today, he greeted me with a head bob and continued being a lunatic for the entire day - he even puffed up, blackbearded and hissed at the dog (poor thing)!!!

So, apparently, I am the reason for his crazy hormones and my OH has decided I should just leave the little guy alone until he sorts his head out!!! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom