Ditch it or keep it?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Thinking of removing one of the decors from Leo’s enclosure, it’s a hide but he never uses it. I feel like it clutters the set up a bit, and taking it away would give him more room to run. What do you think?

(With)
1698267336437.jpeg

(Without)
1698267353851.jpeg

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
keep it it may make him feel safer
I redesigned the interior to include the hide but still leave plenty of space, he shows no sign is stress so I don’t see how he’d feel unsafe. I’ve also had him for half a year, so I don’t see it as an issue what so ever.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm all for having floor space, most of my guys use every bit of thiers. The 4 that have large ledges (up to half of their lower floor space) use that as well. The ledges serve as hides in those setups.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I'm all for having floor space, most of my guys use every bit of thiers. The 4 that have large ledges (up to half of their lower floor space) use that as well. The ledges serve as hides in those setups.
Yeah, I feel bad for Leo being in such a small enclosure so I try to give him as much space as possible. I’m currently house hunting for him, but I don’t have the enclosure yet. I plan on adding more space to explore when I get a bigger one, hoping for a 200+ gallon but I might have to stick with a 120 gallon.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He would love a 200 gallon, a 120 has quite a bit of room though if you have to go that way. With a little tinkering you can maximize opportunities to be active.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
He would love a 200 gallon, a 120 has quite a bit of room though if you have to go that way. With a little tinkering you can maximize opportunities to be active.
Yeah, I plan on making a custom foam background for him to climb on and I’m going to change his substrate to a sand/topsoil/excavator clay mix so it can hold burrows if he wants to dig.

And once he is full grown, I’ll get him a leash so he can run around outside (seeing as summers here get pretty hot lately, I think the highest it got to this year was 36 degrees Celsius.) I’m trying to optimize activity.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom