Clyde has Preovulatory Follicular Stasis

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Hello,

That's great Clyde had a good trip! So the stitches are just coming out on their own now, how
is that area healing up?
How is her appetite doing? It sounds like things are going well, I'm sure she is feeling a lot better
now.
Keep us posted on how it is all going!

Tracie
Appetite is great! I’m going to measure Clyde’ length soon so I can get a good idea of how much he should weigh but it’s been a little difficult to gauge since I don’t know how much the ovaries weighed. Rn he’s at 440 grams and his belly looks pretty plump, although he’s been a little constipated since the surgery/move (not too bad). He had a couple of poops that were VERY large but his poops are getting more and more consistent. I’m sure it’s from all the stress and relocation. Vet said I could bathe him so he’s had one bath and swam for the first time since he was a baby!!!

There’s a new window in my new room and so far it’s been a big adjustment for him. He loved his old window in Boulder but this one (very tall, actually more of a sliding glass door that leads to a balcony) intrigues him but also spooks him. The other day he was staring out it and then got spooked and ran to hide SO fast! Has anyone experienced this with “new” windows? I’m trying to get him adjusted to running around the new room but for now he’s still pretty timid about it so I’m going to take it slow.

I have an appointment with a new vet this Thursday (30th) to check the scar tissue and maybe remove that one last stitch.

Last edited:

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Okay so one thing has come up that is a new concern for me. Clyde has started digging in his hide again? I’m not sure if this is relocation stress, right now he’s only doing it enough to get “comfy.” But this morning I fed him his collard green and zucchini (which he’s been crazy about) and right after he went for his hide to dig and get comfy. I just upped his light schedule from 13 hrs to 13.5 hrs of daylight cause i’m worried he’s randomly decided to start brumation soon. He’s also a little constipated. I’m seeing a vet tomorrow but I’m just worried because I’m my mind digging is brumation or gravid. What else could it mean? Relocation stress? Upset/uncomfortable from being no constipated?

The surgeon said that the ovaries has a small potential of growing back if they didn’t get everything. Does anyone know more about his and how I can look out for it?

Attachments

• 513C1952-06CC-4DA5-A318-5875D302BA5C.jpeg
    513C1952-06CC-4DA5-A318-5875D302BA5C.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 86

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom