Cages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure this has been talked about before..But i now have 8 adult bearded dragons..Which i got from people that didnt want them and a few i bought..anyways..im gonna start making cages i dont feel right with 8 75 gal tanks..so i was thinking will a 8' long x 4' wide x 24' high (maybe alittle higher)be ok i wanna make 4 of them at that size..and was wondering if you guys think that would be good for a pair of beardies..i also wanna make a spot for the female to lay right in her encloser..then just remove the male when that time comes..I could be wrong but i want my females to feel like they are doing it in there own habitat.correct me if i am wrong..also for lighting i wanna do the megarays guessing 3 or so per tank.since so big..and i seen all the awesome vivs u guys have made and was wondering how u guys do those awesome rock ledged backgrounds what materials u need to do that..if anyone has any idea's for me hit me back in new to the site and im gonna start breeding all my dragons are of age except one which he is my future breeder awesome dragon..and where is the best place to get heat tape or heat wire for my vision rack im gonna make..also for the rack should i use tube uvb bulbs or megaray those aswell...

peera

Sub-Adult Member
The cage sizes are more than big enough, however you're probably going to have to make them smaller because you need 8. 8 beardies, 8 cages. You DON'T want to keep them together constantly unless you want dead/seriously injured beardies on your hands. They are solitary reptiles and should only be put together to breed. My male goes insane just seeing my female, I have no doubt that if I ever left them unsupervised together he would hurt her. (and I'd NEVER even dream of putting them in a cage together even for a few minutes, thus limiting her places to run and my access to scooping one of them out when his interest gets out of hand)

BIGDBREEDER

Original Poster
yeah i understand the whole keep them apart but my one female and male have been together since babies..And he shows no interest in her at all..Same goes with 3 that i just got 2 males and one female that had been kept together..they dont show no interest in eachother which i thought was weird..but i figured i could make a divider..which would still give them enough room or keep them split up and still use the 75 gal tanks for some of them..But at that 4' by 4' is still descent i think..i dont know every dragon is different..i guess..i guess the best would be divide them..thanks for the help guys

BIGDBREEDER

Original Poster
thanks for the site..im gonna do the whole background of the tank that way..cause i got about 10 cases of the foam so i should be good thanks again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom