She saw her shadow.

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Taco is brumating right now and mostly in that position. (Today on a sunnier day - measured 35 °C on the balcony - he sat up a bit, blinking with his eyes, and after a few hours moved back into that position. Eyes the same, a tiny slit is open :D)

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Come to momma.
PXL_20240520_013128776.jpg
PXL_20240520_013150207.jpg
PXL_20240520_013016647.jpg

It's not getting in my mouth

PXL_20240520_013212955.jpg

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Wonderful photo :) I love watching my dragon catching its prey by shooting out its tongue, but I never managed to actually take a photo of that. I guess, new project for when Taco is back from brumation!

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
That was a good 15 minutes of ambush "hunting"
Plus she is very picky with her tongue. She will pick small BSFL out from cut up greens lol More of a sniper. So I waited until she was ready and got a decent shot. Wish I was slightly quicker and got the tongue before she had the silkworm.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That was a good 15 minutes of ambush "hunting"
Plus she is very picky with her tongue. She will pick small BSFL out from cut up greens lol More of a sniper. So I waited until she was ready and got a decent shot. Wish I was slightly quicker and got the tongue before she had the silkworm.
Still good camera work 👌

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
I was guessing so (doing myself a lot of animal/ wildlife photography) :D And that's why I want to try once he's back - love the challenge :)
I'm making friends with Doug and Jay (Douglas Fir squirrels and Stellars Jay) so I can hopefully take nice pics of my buddies :)

I broke up a fight between the two over treats. There was an invasive grey squirrel there. My brothers were fighting because an invasive squirrel was there. I grabbed my slingshot and started hurling pine cones at the grey. It wasn't taking the hint, so I released the hounds. "Grey squirrel grey squirrel good boys!" I was shouting.

The dogs started chasing the grey, Doug and Jay joined in the chase and we ran it out lol My hazelnut patch isn't the greatest, not are my salmonberries. So I give them extra nuts and berries. I feel a bit bad for the grey because everyone needs to eat, but they were dumped here in an unnatural setting so they just demolish everything they find. They can eat at the neighbors bird feeder lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm making friends with Doug and Jay (Douglas Fir squirrels and Stellars Jay) so I can hopefully take nice pics of my buddies :)

I broke up a fight between the two over treats. There was an invasive grey squirrel there. My brothers were fighting because an invasive squirrel was there. I grabbed my slingshot and started hurling pine cones at the grey. It wasn't taking the hint, so I released the hounds. "Grey squirrel grey squirrel good boys!" I was shouting.

The dogs started chasing the grey, Doug and Jay joined in the chase and we ran it out lol My hazelnut patch isn't the greatest, not are my salmonberries. So I give them extra nuts and berries. I feel a bit bad for the grey because everyone needs to eat, but they were dumped here in an unnatural setting so they just demolish everything they find. They can eat at the neighbors bird feeder lol
Squirrels become bold pretty quickly and can cause all kinds of problems. Me I just toss them peanuts 🥜 lol. I have Stellars jays and grey squirrels also but they are native here. I toss peanuts and let them sort it out 😉

Attachments

• 20240108_133232.jpg
    20240108_133232.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 18

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I know the grey-squirrel thing :D (before coming to Chile, we were living in the U.S. for approx. 7 years, almost equally split between Southern California and Tennessee)

Regarding bold squirrels: I once saw a squirrel trying to steal a worm from a red robin. (Red robin was faster.)

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Squirrels become bold pretty quickly and can cause all kinds of problems. Me I just toss them peanuts 🥜 lol. I have Stellars jays and grey squirrels also but they are native here. I toss peanuts and let them sort it out 😉

The Douglas squirrels are so cute. More of a large chipmunk size, very vocal and cute :)
1000012923.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom